Saturday, March 9, 2013

Adelaide to Melbourne the long way round

Since the last blog post I've been in Adelaide, enjoying fantastic dry warm weather and doing plenty of great rides with the excellent local cycling organisation, Bike SA. Also for the last 2 weeks I've been exploring Kangaroo Island and the Yorke Peninsula in a hire car.

All very enjoyable, but it's now time to get back in the saddle for a decent long tour. So I am setting off for Melbourne, via a very indirect route planned to take in 2 circuits described in the Lonely Planet Cycling Australia Guide en route, arond the Grampians and the Victorian Goldfields. I'm also going to try and find a few cycle trails along disused railways, of which Victoria is well endowed. I'm not sure how long it's going to take but I'm in no hurry.

The journey will commence in the next blog post...


No comments:

Post a Comment